Thursday, September 26, 2013

Kenya

I have always been a news watcher and have paid attention to world events. However, usually those world events are very far from me and I have no real connection to them...until now. I know most of you have probably seen the pictures and information about the tragedy in Kenya. I have Kenyan students in my class. I live in a country that borders Kenya. I am 400 miles from the tragedy. I have talked about going to Nairobi for vacation. This was the picture in our local newspaper yesterday.
My heart hurts for the people involved because they were just in a mall, shopping with their family and friends. It seems absolutely senseless to me. Everyone on campus is talking about this issue. In fact, there was a prayer meeting tonight about it. Please pray, send positive thoughts, or whatever you do whenever tragedies like these happen in our world. This one seems more real to me.

From Teacher to Administrator

I have been an administrator now for about two years. Before that I taught for 18 years. It has been a difficult switch, to say the least be...