My heart hurts for the people involved because they were just in a mall, shopping with their family and friends. It seems absolutely senseless to me. Everyone on campus is talking about this issue. In fact, there was a prayer meeting tonight about it. Please pray, send positive thoughts, or whatever you do whenever tragedies like these happen in our world. This one seems more real to me.
Experiences of my life as a teacher and now, administrator. All views are my own and not academic in nature.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Kenya
I have always been a news watcher and have paid attention to world events. However, usually those world events are very far from me and I have no real connection to them...until now. I know most of you have probably seen the pictures and information about the tragedy in Kenya. I have Kenyan students in my class. I live in a country that borders Kenya. I am 400 miles from the tragedy. I have talked about going to Nairobi for vacation. This was the picture in our local newspaper yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syrian Arab Republic - Day 2
Day 2 - Saturday We started the day with breakfast at the hotel, which was a basic Turkish-style breakfast with fresh cheeses, cucumbers/to...
-
I always have something exciting happening in the health arena and this week has been no different. On Thursday or Friday I noticed a red sp...
-
"Infection by insect" - that is the diagnosis for the elephantiasis-like appearance of my face. My biggest fear while living in Af...
-
Over the past few weeks, I have been able to get away from Mukono and explore some of the country. Education is off semester this semester...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please remember that all comments must contain respectful language to be published.