Monday, September 2, 2013

Altitude Sucks!

The altitude here is different than what I am used to back home.
St. Louis 142m
Mukono 1,100m
This basically translates into close to Denver altitude for me while running. I have had my ups and downs with running, but today sucked. Not only was I struggling with breathing, but there were athletes from the sports teams here on campus conditioning - talk about a dose of humble pie. The campus is basically on a mountain and makes for good running conditions, but with the altitude and hills, I am struggling. I know I just need to be patient and add a little more each run, but it still sucks.

My sleeping pattern is still off by about 4 hours. I can't stay up past 7 and I wake up at 3. So, I usually answer emails/facebook from 3-5 and then watch movies until it is light enough to get up and run. When I came back from my run this morning, this is what I saw:
There are animals everywhere here and I have been woken up by everything from a chicken to a cow. The birds are amazingly loud too and scary big.

This is what I had for breakfast today. It is the first time I have had this cereal and with the exception of the fake chocolate taste, it was a fast, decent breakfast. I had a lot of meetings today too, so I am very tired, but feeling good. Must stay up later. Hope you are well.

From Teacher to Administrator

I have been an administrator now for about two years. Before that I taught for 18 years. It has been a difficult switch, to say the least be...