Day 8 started out very slow with 9 hours of sleep! My body definitely needed it after the long day yesterday. I walked to the cute, little coffee shop around the corner from the hotel for breakfast. It was a cute place with a relaxed vibe and great coffee. I ordered a croissant with bacon, egg and cheese along with some fruit.
I caught up on my reading and blogging before we checked out and departed for Granada, about a 3.5 hour drive.
I relaxed in the room before we headed out for a group dinner. The place was really nice and I had fish tacos with carrot cake.
We started the tour with with a boat tour of the isletas seeing different aquatic birds, monkeys and many different private a local islands. It is clear that the people buying these islands have money and the houses are the grandest around. There is electricity on each of the islands as well. The tour guide said there are crocodiles, bull sharks and other creatures in the waters, but we didn’t see any.
2. Granada City Tour
We then continued with the panoramic Granada city tour including a visit to the bate bate chocolate to have free samples of chocolate, cocoa butter and chocolate tea. We also stopped by the bell tower of la Merced church to see the whole city from a high point of view.There are many gorgeous churches around the cite and this one is no exception.
3. Diriomito Lookout Point
Next, we drove about 25 minutes to Diriomito lookout point to see the following sites: Apoyo Crater Lake, the city of Granada, Lake Nicaragua and Mombacho volcano. Lake Nicaragua is very impressive, but the crater lake was interesting as it was in the middle of the volcanoes.
4. Laguna Beach Club Resort
We then hit the Laguna Beach Club resort for a few hours, which is right on the crater lake. We had access to kayaks, stand up paddle boarding, inner tubes and floating dock. The tour operator also provided fruit, guacamole and the local cocktail. I had a chicken quesadilla and headed down to the beach to grab a kayak for a spin around the lake. The waves created a fun challenge and the temperature was perfect. These few hours we not enough, but soon we headed out to the next stop.
5. Masaya Handicraft Market
We stopped by the local handicraft market where there were many souvenirs and handicrafts. I especially like that they had some cutting boards so I shared pics with my dad.
6. Masaya Volcano
After the handicraft market, we made our way to the Masaya Volcano for a short hike along the steam vents and a view of the incandescent crater.
It was a long day, but definitely full of incredible sites. Tomorrow, we are off to an island for a homestay.









































No comments:
Post a Comment
Please remember that all comments must contain respectful language to be published.