Rest of day 5…
After such a good time in Suchitoto, we arrived to the La Libertad area on Sunday afternoon (Atami Escape Resort). Apparently, this area was riddled with gangs years ago, but now it is a travel destination with many different hotels and resorts on the coast. We took some pictures of the dramatic coast and sat by the pool for a bit before preparing for dinner. They have these really cool natural pools down by the coast that are fed by the waves and water. There are 3 natural pools, 2 large pools and a kiddie pool. The resort was average, but the views were outstanding.
![]() |
| Walkways along the coast |
![]() |
| Black beach with huge pebbles |
The rooms here are very interesting, with a toilet/shower in the middle of two rooms. But each was a separate room. Nevertheless, sharing a toilet/shower amongst the 5 of us was not ideal. We got ready and headed to Surf City for some pizza and drinks. Surf City is a common destination for surfers with many little restaurants, kiosks, bars and clubs along the beach. President Bukele’s has used millions of dollars to clean up this area and create this surfing destination. I shared a pineapple and ham pizza with one of the girls. It was delicious!
![]() |
| Interesting way to dispense meds |
Day 6
Some days, you just need to sit around and do nothing! I started off with a slow, lazy breakfast while catching up on my blog. I am an earlier riser, but I enjoy slowing down a bit and drinking coffee for hours in the morning. This was my chance to slow down and catch-up on a few things.
After breakfast, I headed to the pool. I literally sat by the pool all day until we went to dinner around 7 p.m. It felt so good just to rest and relax. I am not a good “slow” traveler, but I needed this day in between the hustle and bustle of this trip.
![]() |
| Remnants of an old water slide |
We finished our time in La Libertad with some drinks and dinner overlooking the water at the Pelican (restaurant at the resort). It was just beautiful and the perfect ending to our relaxing day.
El Salvador has been the biggest surprise for me. I felt safe, food was good, services were available, US dollar is the local currency and people were friendly. It is a level 1 based on the Dept. of State travel advice level (although this never stops me from traveling).



























No comments:
Post a Comment
Please remember that all comments must contain respectful language to be published.