Saturday, July 20, 2013

Visa has arrived!

I received my visa in the mail yesterday. Yeah!
I am not sure what happened to the passport pictures I sent, but I guess they are kept on file somewhere. This visa only allows me to stay for three months because it is a tourist visa. Apparently, this is the initial visa I need for entry. Then, once I get to the university, I will work with them to apply for a work visa that will extend my time to ten months. I don't really like the uncertainty that having a three month visa brings, but I need to remember that I'm not the first one to do this job.

I have finished all of the vaccines and have not had an side effects. I feel lucky because I know that not everyone could tolerate so much medicine in their body at once. Most of the bruises are gone too!

I am becoming more and more anxious about my departure. I still have no flights or itinerary, but I am not the one in charge of arranging transportation. My travel plans are at the hands of the state department and they arrange this type of thing ALL OF THE TIME. I just need to remember everything will be fine and will work itself out in time. I have a feeling that my planning tendencies are going to be challenged over and over again during this experience!

More to come in the next few weeks!

From Teacher to Administrator

I have been an administrator now for about two years. Before that I taught for 18 years. It has been a difficult switch, to say the least be...