Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Southern Adventure - Day 2

Today began with a delicious breakfast of fruit and pumpkin french toast with pecan praline syrup and sausage. It felt absolutely decadent. We drank lots of coffee and chatted with another couple who stayed the night too. It so happens that their son also worked in Uganda for 5 years...such a small world.
Although we had plans to go into Savannah and eat lunch at Lady and Sons restaurant, we decided it would be a better use of our time just to stick by the beach and B&B for some relaxation. I absolutely love the beach and I also wanted to pick up some shells for my students. After several hours on the beach, we headed to a little cafe recommended by the B&B owners for some lunch. I had a calzone and Steve had a shrimp po boy. The food was delicious. 
After lunch, we walked back to the B&B to take a nap before the wedding festivities. Everything looked just amazing at the wedding. The ceremony was conducted on a little dock overlooking the water by Jordan's granddaddy and father. It was picturesque and everyone seemed at ease. I love weddings like this because they are much more laid back and cozy. 




One of Paul's friends, Pius, who came all the way from LA to join in the festivities. 



We were trying to pay attention, I promise.
I loved this dog...Abby!


We enjoyed a dinner of salad and soup while sipping on lemonade and apple cider. They also had delicious cakes and used a Ugandan mat to incorporate the traditional ways that Ugandan women feed their husband. They also had music going and people were slowly getting up to dance. We departed the wedding around 8 p.m. to get back to pack since our flight leaves so early tomorrow.I did have a chance to take a long, relaxing bath before heading to bed.
I guess our adventure is over and it is time to get back to real life. All good things must come to an end. Oh well, when I get back tomorrow I get to host my best friend's baby shower. Lots of celebrating this weekend!



From Teacher to Administrator

I have been an administrator now for about two years. Before that I taught for 18 years. It has been a difficult switch, to say the least be...